Short Term Scientific Missions (STSMs)
These missions (exchange visits) are aimed at strengthening the
existing networks by allowing scientists to go to an institution or
laboratory in another COST country to foster collaboration, to learn a
new technique, or to make measurements using instruments and/or
methods not available in their own institution/laboratory. They are
particularly intended for young scientists.
The duration of an STSM can be between 5 days and 3 months, with a COST
financial contribution of up to 2500 Euro per mission. The STSMs are
normally limited to institutions within the COST 723 member countries.
How to Apply
- Read the document STSM_online_guide.pdf to learn about
the details. It also describes the application
procedure step by step.
- After having read the guide, please go to http://mail.cost.esf.org/stsm/
to create the registration form, as described in the guide.
- The addresses you should send the application to are:
- Stefan Buehler <sbuehler at uni-bremen.de>,
- William Lahoz <swslahoz at reading.ac.uk>,
- Bernard Legras <Bernard.Legras at lmd.ens.fr>,
- Pavol Nejedlik <pnejedlik at cost.esf.org>,
- and your STSM host.
- The COST 723 STSM committee usually decided within a few
days. Nevertheless, make sure that your application is early enough,
because the money for you has to be blocked by the COST office in
Brussels, which takes about a month. To be on the safe side you should
therefore apply at least 6 weeks before you want to travel.